Top 10 Index Mutual Funds List
1. Vanguard Growth Index Fund, symbol VIGRX- This is one of the index mutual funds that follows the MSCI U.S. Prime Market Growth Index, and for a number of investors this fund is a top 10. The fund portfolio holds mainly blue chip growth stocks and has a total of around $24 billion in assets.
2. Shelton S&P 500 Index Direct, symbol SPFIX- Investing in mutual funds that follow the S&P 500 index is common, and this fund is a contender in the top 10. Fund holdings include solid companies like Apple, Microsoft, and ExxonMobil. Steven Rogers is the fund manager and the portfolio is mainly stock holdings.
3. T. Rowe Price Equity Index 500, symbol PREIX- This fund also follows the S&P 500 index and holds mainly US stocks. The past performance is good and T. Rowe Price is a name trusted by investors. Blue chip stock of American companies form the basis for the fund portfolio and the stocks are chosen for their continued value.
4. iShares Dow Jones Select Dividend Index Fund, symbol DVY- This is one of the index mutual funds that follows the Dow Jones Industrial Average. The fund has seen excellent past performance and the fund portfolio holds many blue chip stocks in well known American companies.
5. USAA NASDAQ-100 Index, symbol USNQX- An average risk, a high return, and low expenses make this one of the best
no load index funds for many investors. Morningstar gives this fund four out of five stars. This is a large growth fund that has below average fees, average risks, and above average returns.
6. T. Rowe Price Total Equity Market Idx, symbol POMIX- This is a large blend fund with a four star rating and an average risk and average return levels. There are no load fees charged and the fund expenses are low at 0.40%.
7. USAA S&P 500 Index Member, symbol USSPX- No load fee, a 1.7% yield, and low fund expenses of 0.25% make this one of the top index mutual funds for many investors. This is a large blend fund with many blue chip stocks in the portfolio and holdings across many sectors.
8. Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Inv, symbol VBMFX- This offering by Vanguard is considered one of the best bond index funds and is offered by a name that investors trust.
9. Vantagepoint 500 Stock Index II, symbol VPSKX- For a number of investors this is one of the top 10 index mutual funds. Fund expenses are very low at 0.22% and there is no load fee charged. The fund has over $440 million in assets and the turnover rate for the fund holdings are only 3%.
10. Schwab S&P 500 Index, symbol SWPPX- A four star Morningstar rating, blue chip fund holdings, and a wide degree of portfolio diversity make this fund one of the top 10 for many investors. The fund performance has been above average and the expenses are low. This is one of the balanced mutual funds that covers growth, blend, and value sectors.