Tag Archives: retirement planning
1. Charles Schwab- One of the best Roth IRA providers according to numerous investors is Charles Schwab. The name is trusted in investment circles, and the IRA offerings are considered some of the best found anywhere.
2. Fidelity- Fidelity makes Roth IRA eligibility easy to understand, and offers some of the top rated accounts for this purpose.
What are the stretch IRA rules that you should know about? This type of retirement plan is considered one of the best IRA accounts for many because of the benefits offered. This type of account can be handed down from one generation to the next with careful planning, and that is a feature that many investors appreciate.
Education IRA plans have specific rules and contribution limits that must be followed closely. The contribution limits of this type of IRA savings account for children can be confusing, because of the restrictions and limitations in place with this type of plan. A Coverdell IRA can only be established for a child who is less than eighteen years old
The rules with a Keogh retirement plan may offer more advantages when compared with other types of retirement plans. Early retirement planning should include evaluating the different types of retirement accounts available, and then deciding which plan type works best with your circumstances and situation. One benefit is that these plans can be very effective tax shelters
What is a supplemental executive retirement plan, and what are the tax consequences for this type of plan? This is one of the available account types that can be used for retirement planning purposes, and there are both benefits and disadvantages with these plans. The goal is to provide additional compensation for valued employees, to retain them and their talents.
1. Traditional IRA- One of the top retirement plans for small business owners is a traditional IRA. This type of plan can be arranged for each employee, and there are a number of features that can be included. This is also one of the best retirement plans for self employed people. If your business has many employees this can require significant time and effort though
1. Simplified Employee Pensions- These retirement plans for self employed individuals are simple to utilize, and are also referred to as a SEP plan or SEP IRA. This plan can also be ideal with retirement plans for small business owners and employees as well. It is similar to a traditional IRA plan, but the contribution limits in place are higher for the SEP plan.
1. Start Young- One of the secrets of early retirement planning is compounded interest, and to gain this advantage you must start saving for your retirement at a very young age if possible.
2. Be Realistic- Whether you decide on a Keogh retirement plan or another IRA type, make sure you are realistic about the future income and expenses.