Category Archives: Energy Stocks
Solar is the fastest growing energy technology in the world today. Solar power installations have grown over 2,752 percent in the last ten years and the industry generated more than $70 billion in revenues. It is predicted that global solar installations will more than double in the coming years. With this in mind,
Finding oil stocks to buy is not difficult, and predictions for oil prices during the next year say that this commodity will go up again as the demand increases. Increases in demand are predicted due to emerging markets and the improvement of the American economy. Many oil stocks are considered to be a good buy right now, before the price of oil goes up again.
1. Chevron- Symbol CVX- Chevron is a well known stock in the oil sector, and one of the best natural gas stocks for investors. Towards the end of 2010 the company acquired Atlas Energy, which caused in increase in the natural gas exposure that this company has. Chevron may not have started out as one of the main natural gas drilling companies
Who is in charge of the oil stock prices today? Is it OPEC, Wall Street, or other entities that control the price fluctuations of oil stocks? Even the best oil stocks to buy can be affected by outside factors, and the price of a stock involves a number of different components. Who sets the price that an oil stock is bought and sold at though?
1. Canadian Oil Sands-Symbol COSWF- This is one of the Canadian oil stocks and energy investment choices that many investors have been watching. One of the reasons that this Canadian Company is considered a top stock to buy right now is the technology used, because of the potential offered. Not all investors will rate Canada Oil Sands as one of the best oil stocks to buy
1. World events will have a big effect on crude oil stock prices, and the entire market. Wars, civil unrest, and other forms of instability can occur anywhere in the world and impact the price of stock. Canadian oil stocks will be impacted by a war in Siberia, and this is true for any country and any stock in this sector.
2. Even the best oil stocks to buy will experience market fluctuations
1. Chevron- Symbol CVX- Many investors name Chevron as one of best oil stocks to buy. This company is well known, with a proven history and track record. Chevron is one of the biggest oil companies in the USA, and is named as one of the top oil stocks for reasons that include past performance, current projects, and numerous others.
1. Environmentally Friendly- One of the biggest benefits of alternative energy investing is that these companies and the products and services offered are very environmentally friendly. There is no deep drilling or mining that causes damage to the earth in an effort to recover these energy sources.
2. Increasing Demand As Fossil Fuel Becomes More Expensive- One of the reasons that biotechnology stocks are very popular right now is the rising cost of fossil fuels. As these prices increase more people look for alternative choices instead.
Green energy stocks are becoming extremely popular, and these choices can be an excellent investment for the future because of global energy concerns and issues with fossil fuel sources and use. One type of stock that is considered an alternative energy choice but is not considered a green energy option for some is nuclear energy stocks. This is due to some of the serious concerns that surround nuclear power plants and operations. There are many other types of green energy stocks available though, and they may involve wind, solar, biomass, thermal, and other alternative energy forms.
Solar energy stocks have not been showing great promises lately causing big investor discouragement similarly with other renewable energy stocks. Recent economic downturn resulted in overall reduction in conventional energy consumption inevitably lowering the natural demand for alternative energy technologies like solar or wind energy stocks.
Geothermal energy facts have not received much deserved publicity among other alternative energy sources. Geothermal energy takes its origins from two Greek words, namely, “geo” (earth) and “thermos” (heat), literally meaning “the heat of the earth”. Otherwise poorly used, the heat of the earth could be applied to power generators, heat buildings, greenhouses, and find many more useful applications. Investing in geothermal power stocks allows you to participate in funding development and research of the cleanest and most self-sustainable energy that is not dependent on fluctuating fossil energy prices.
Biomass energy stocks offer tremendous opportunities to invest in very promising renewable energy mutual funds, help our planet by reducing global warming effects, create new green jobs and drastically lessen dependency on fossil fuels that will inevitably run out in the near future.
Investing in biomass energy stocks can fund new ways of putting otherwise decaying organic masses to good use.
Wind has to be one of the most plentiful things in the nature that surrounds us daily – why not put the wind power to good use by investing into alternative energy stocks provided by companies that develop and install wind energy technologies. Wind energy industry has demonstrated impressive growth patterns over the last decade starting at 14,500 MW to almost 90,000 of wind produced MW’s.
Wind energy stocks are considered one of the most promising green stocks along with geothermal and solar energy stocks; the trick is knowing which companies to invest into. When looking at specific wind energy stocks, keep in mind that it does not matter where the wind power plants are installed but who manufactures wind turbines and installs them to begin with.
If you are a novice player at the stock market considering investing into green energy stocks, we applaud your great insight to help reduce the effects of global warming and create new ways of generating new cleaner energy and stop fossil fuel dependency.
Green mutual funds could become your great initial investment that will allow you to spread your risk across a number of alternative energy companies rather than putting all your money into individual green energy stocks. It’s currently considered very risky to invest into single-sector alternative energy funds like, for example,biomass or wind power stocks. The best green mutual funds to look into for novice investors are Winslow Green Growth Fund (WGGFX) and Calvert Global Alternative Energy Fund (CGACX) that are currently the top power players of green investment.
Alternative energy stocks is a broad term that describes stocks issued by companies who make their goal to research and develop strategies to produce greener, more sustainable energy that is not dependent on fossil energy sources that are being continuously depleted and have had a devastating effect on global warming situation.
The major problem with renewable energy stocks is greater expenses associated with operation and unknown long term financial outcomes for majority of green-oriented companies.
Doesn’t it feel like we have been putting off renewable energy development for too long to find ourselves facing a number of events of catastrophic proportions like, for example Gulf of Mexico oil spill due to fossil fuel reliance? In the recent years public attention has been drawn to renewable energy stocks to invest in companies who make their priority to develop and maintain technologies that can help convert energy of sun, wind, geothermal capacity of the earth and biomass into everyday consumption without harmful effects of global climate change associated with fossil fuels.