Category Archives: Mutual Fund Types
1. Increased Investment Exposure – Investing in global mutual funds will increase the exposure of the investor, and usually offers more benefits and advantages. Investors who stick solely with American stocks, bonds, and other investment choices could be missing out because of limited exposure in the portfolio. If the American economy reacts unpredictably or the entire market falls then investors who do not have foreign exposure could see much higher losses.
International mutual funds and global funds are not interchangeable terms as some investors would have your believe. Global funds include worldwide trading whereas international ones do not include the country of origin, or in this case all mutual funds except American funds. To keep international funds as well as all mutual funds viable
There are many different types of mutual funds and new investors may become confused or lost quickly if these fund types are not understood. The variety of fund types can cover a wide range. The basic fund types listed and what these funds do can help investors make the right fund choices for their investment portfolios.
1. T. Rowe Price Diversified Small Cap Growth Fund-Symbol PRDSX- One of the top diversified mutual funds, the T. Rowe Price Diversified Small Cap Growth Fund offers exceptional diversity and top rated small cap holdings in the fund portfolio.
2. MainStay Diversified Income A- Symbol MASAX- While Mainstay diversified is not classified as one of the tax free mutual funds, there may be some tax advantages for some investors. A high one year return and good rating are both reasons why this fund was chosen.
1. Prudential Financial Svcs A, PFSAX- Finding the best financial mutual funds is crucial to your investment success, so you want a name you can trust. This fund by Prudential has a five star rating, showing it is one of the top ten.
2. Vanguard REIT Index Fund Investor Shares, VGSIX- Vanguard has one of the top REIT mutual funds found anywhere. The initial investment needed is only three thousand dollars, and the fund receives high ratings in many categories.
1. Transamerica Balanced A- Ticker IBALX- Transamerica offers one of the top ten balanced mutual funds, with the fund goal of capital appreciation. Common stocks and equity securities make up a large part of the fund portfolio.
2. JHancock2 Lifestyle Balanced 5- Ticker JHLAX- This is not one of the tax free mutual funds but it has a number of benefits just the same which make it a top fund to consider. The latest one year return figures show the fund offered more than sixteen percent to investors.
1. Vanguard REIT Index Fund Investor Shares- Symbol VGSIX- REIT mutual funds are very popular right now, and one of the top picks by experts in this area is the Vanguard REIT Index Fund Investor Shares. This is known as one of the best investments, even rated better than a number of financial mutual funds. If portfolio diversification is the goal this fund can also deliver on this as well.
2. Pimco Real Estate Real Return Fund- Symbol PETAX- One of the top REIT mutual funds is this offering from Pimco, a name known and trusted in the investment world. While it does offer some tempting returns this fund is not very diversified. A maximum return strategy and variable holdings help this fund achieve a top five rating.
In the market of mutual funds a lot of investors tend to try their luck with international mutual funds vs domestic ones betting on better ROI for a stocks performing in the world arena. We compiled a list of top ten international funds to consider for your investment goals:
1. Vanguard Emerging Market Stock Index (VEIEX) – This fund is one of the few emerging markets mutual funds which has more than sixty billion in assets and no load fees, making it an excellent choice for some investors. A minimum investment of three thousand dollars is required.
2. Eaton Vance Parametric TX-MGD EM MKTS I (EITFX)- This fund is one of the top no load mutual funds that invests in emerging markets and offers diversified holdings. Assets for the fund are valued at over two and a half billion dollars, and it has a five star rating.
Foreign bond funds can be an excellent choice for some investors, because these funds can offer an opportunity to invest in foreign markets and governments without the need to thoroughly research each holding individually. Bond index funds offer a diverse mix of funds in a portfolio that attempts to simulate a specific market index. One top choice of foreign bond funds for some investors includes ING Global Bond I, ticker symbol IGBIX. This fund holds more than half a billion dollars in assets, and has a yield which is above five and a half percent. With these numbers it is easy to see why many investors choose this fund as one of the best.
One of the biggest questions that many investors have is why are money market mutual fund rates so low right now? This is not just a current problem, the rates have been extremely low since the 2008 economic problems, and even the best performing mutual funds are not seeing much of a return on their investment. Determining why the money market mutual fund rates are so low and have been that way for some time is important, so that steps can be taken to resolve this problem if possible. The cause of this issue goes directly to the federal fund rate, which is determined by the Federal Reserve.
Mid cap mutual funds specialize on companies with market capitalization brackets between $2 billion and $10 billion; however, that is a very broad definition that is subject to change over time and even from one brokerage firm to another. A savvy investor understands that including multiple market cap stocks is the basis of a solid well-diversified investment portfolio. Why does it matter so much and why do you need to pay attention to whether it’s a mid cap or small cap mutual fund?
Aggressive growth mutual funds by definition are usually the best rated mutual funds that make their priority to focus on high risk-high return investments to gain the most profits in the shortest period of time. Aggressive growth mutual funds are historically known to bring unsurpassed gains during economic growth periods and big losses during economic downturns.
Please keep on reading to find out which Top 10 aggressive growth mutual funds are worth considering including in your portfolio.
1. Pin Oak Aggressive Stock (POGSX) mostly includes domestic high promising stocks in its stock portfolio and displayed impressive growth of 18.21% over the last year. POGXS belongs to a no load mutual funds group, so you will not have to pay brokerage charges in order to buy it.