5 REIT Mutual Funds To Own in Your Portfolio
1. Vanguard REIT Index Fund Investor Shares- Symbol VGSIX- REIT mutual funds are very popular right now, and one of the top picks by experts in this area is the Vanguard REIT Index Fund Investor Shares. This is known as one of the best investments, even rated better than a number of financial mutual funds. If portfolio diversification is the goal this fund can also deliver on this as well.
2. Pimco Real Estate Real Return Fund- Symbol PETAX- One of the top REIT mutual funds is this offering from Pimco, a name known and trusted in the investment world. While it does offer some tempting returns this fund is not very diversified. A maximum return strategy and variable holdings help this fund achieve a top five rating.
3. ING Van Kampen Real Estate I- Symbol IVRIX- This REIT fund offered by Ing is another of the best performing mutual funds where real estate trusts are concerned. Labeled a blend fund, it specializes in mid cap properties and investment opportunities. It is a no load option, and there is no minimum investment amount required. More than two billion in assets and a return of more than sixteen percent for a five year term show why this fund is named one of the best.
4. CGM Realty- Symbol CGMRX- There are many REIT mutual funds, but CGM Realty is considered one of the top ones for many investors. This fund invests in large cap opportunities in the real estate sector, and does not require any load fees. A minimum investment of twenty five hundred dollars is all that is needed to invest.
5. First American Real Estate Secs Y- Symbol FARCX- This is one of the low initial investment mutual funds recommended by many experts in the financial sector. There is no minimum initial investment amount needed, and there are close to one billion dollars in assets held. This is one of the top REIT mutual funds for some investors, but it may not be ideal for everyone.